Why is it sneaky? Because although it looks like a normal gate fold card, it isn't.
I call it the "faux gate fold card" - check it out below:
Here are the written instructions (it's really easy!!):
1) Cut card base at 7-1/4"x 4-3/4" and score at 4-3/4"
2) Cut top square piece at 7-1/2" x 3-3/4" and score at 3-3/4"
3) Cut panel pieces as follows: you will need TWO 2-1/4"x4-1/2" pieces and ONE 2" x 4-1/2" pieces to make the panels for the base of the card and the inside. You will also need a 3-1/2"x3-1/2" piece to layer on the inside square layer.
4) Apply panels.
5) Add square piece, centered on card base.
Now, how did I decorate it?
I used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge Bundle (which you can buy HERE) which you can see below.
I made the following cuts with that cartridge:
Now, because I was using real dial size, the image above wouldn't layer properly without using the Cricut Craft Room.
So, I cut the image shown above in various colors of glitter paper and just peeled off the pieces I didn't need. Then, I hand pieced it and glued it together (see video for more detail).
On the inside, I used the Happy Autumn Stamp set shown below (click HERE to purchase) along with olive and goldrush Close to My Heart inks (click HERE to see more about inks).
Want to see how to make this project? Check out the video below (click HERE if you can't see the video):
Check out this fabulous October Stamp of the Month and ribbon promo!So, when you order $50+, you get a free mystery roll of ribbon and for just $5 more you can get this stamp set also!
At checkout, you will be prompted to add the stamp of the month and ribbon specials! You just scroll down to add them to your cart.
Check out how the math works (nerd that I am...I love a chart!):
Got to have the Cartridge Bundle? You can purchase it right here at my Close to My Heart shopping page!
This is a great promo!
You can order on my shopping site HERE.
1) Leave a comment below - Have you made a gate fold card like this before?
Click HERE if you don't know how to leave a comment. Click HERE to leave a comment if you are seeing this in an email. Then scroll down and look for the comment box at the bottom.
2) Not required to enter but please subscribe to my email club and/or youtube and/or pinterest - that way you won't miss any projects or tutorials.
Winner will be announced on October 28, 2014 and has two weeks to claim prize. U.S. Residents only, please, over 18. Void where prohibited.
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!