1) Do the Explore machines use the same mats as the Expression?
Yes they do!
2) Do the Explore machines use the same blades?
No, the Explore machines use a German carbide blade BUT you can use the Expression blades in the Explore. It just won't last as long.
3) Are there any advantages to buying the Cricut Explore plus the wireless adaptor instead of the Explore Air? Or are they the same thing?
The only advantage would be price because the Cricut Explore plus the wireless adaptor has all the same features as the Cricut Explore Air.
4) I have 150 cartridges. How do I use those with the Cricut Explore machines and Design Space?
If those cartridges are registered on your cricut.com account, you can access those in Design Space right now. If they are not, you can link them using the port on the Explore machine - watch THIS VIDEO to see how to do that. You would need the internet to link them using the port because you need to be on the Design Space software on your computer. You cannot link cartridges from the app at this time. If these cartridges were linked to a Gypsy, then you can transfer them to your cricut.com account by using these instructions which have you linking the cartridges to the Cricut Craft Room. Anything linked to Cricut Craft Room is available in Design Space.
5) Are there any problems using Design Space with a Mac?
No - that is how I have used Design Space from the beginning. Here is a listing of the requirements you need for both PC, Mac and iOS devices:
Minimum system requirements for Cricut Exploreand Cricut Design SpaceWindows OS
6) What is the size of the Explore?
It is 22.2" wide x 6" high x 7" deep.
7) I have limited access to the internet - do I need the internet to use the Cricut Explore and Design Space software?
At this time, you do need the internet to use the Design Space software and Cricut Explore machines (original, Air and One).
When you use the Design Space app on your iPhone or iPad, you still need either data connection or wifi to use the Design Space app and cut with the machine.
Cricut is working on an offline version of the Design Space app (which I am testing right now - WHOOP!) and it should be released soon. That means you could access all your images (whether it's your cartridges or in the subscription library), design with them and cut with them all offline using the Design Space app and your iPhone and/or iPad.
For Android users, they are working on an app and hope to have that released in the next few months (or sooner - they are very close).
If this article was helpful, feel free to share it with your friends!
* See the Close to My Heart catalog HERE
* Order Close to My Heart HERE
* Join My Close to My Heart team HERE
* See the Vivi Jewelry Catalog HERE
* Join Vivi Jewelry HERE
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!