Below is a place for your tools (top) and your cartridge (below), if you want to use it.
It has an automatic dial setting for all the speed, pressure and blade depth settings for different materials.
Below they've got special storage for your blades and extra housings (with magnetic holder for the blades) and a place for all your tools. And the bottom of the machine is raised so you can slide your mats easily underneath.
Here are the most significant details we know right now:
- It will use a new online software called Cricut Design Space but don't worry, Cricut Craft Room will still be available and supported.
- With this software, you can use true type fonts and other SVG files. Also, there are a variety of turnkey Cricut projects and images available.
- MSRP is $299 and it will debut on HSN on February 12. It will be in other retail outlets starting in March.
- A library of 50,000 Cricut images will be available to purchase individually for 99 cents.
- Also, they will have a monthly subscription of $9.99 for access to half the library or 25,000 images (no idea which ones).
- That subscription is month to month - no problem canceling whenever you want.
- You can use your existing cartridges in the machine but it will be with the Cricut Design Space, which requires the internet.
- Yes, it really did cut these tiny confetti pieces from the invitation above.
Tomorrow, we get some hands on time with the machine so there will be more to report on it.
Experience the Reveal of this Cricut Explore machine below on video - live from the event (click HERE if you can't see the video):
New Cricut Giveaway - When I Was A Kid
1) Leave a comment below - What do you think of the new machine?
Click HERE if you don't know how to leave a comment. Click HERE to leave a comment if you are seeing this in an email. Then scroll down and look for the comment box at the bottom.
2) Subscribe to my email club.
3) Not required to enter but please subscribe to me on youtube and/or pinterest - that way you won't miss any projects or tutorials!
Winner will be announced on January 26, 2014 and has two weeks to claim prize. U.S. Residents only, please, over 18. Void where prohibited.
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!