May is National Scrapbooking month and Michaels Stores is showcasing all kinds of fun ideas and projects that "Make Every Moment Count".
To see Michaels "Look Book" of scrapbooking ideas for the "Make Every Moment Count" theme, head over HERE. There are some quick,
fun Mother's Day ideas there, as well as graduation and Military themed projects.
I promised more details on how to create my Mother's Day Home Decor Project that I made for the Michaels Make Every Moment Count Challenge. Here are exact instructions on creating this:
First, here is a list of the materials I used to create this project. All of the items are available at your local Michaels store.- Cricut Expression 2 with Cricut Alphabet font included
- Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge
- Cricut Ribbons and Rosettes Cartridge
- Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic Paper Pad
- Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic Embellishments
- Bazill cardstock in raspberry
- Raspberry Ink
- Imaginisce Cordless Hot Glue Gun with glue sticks
- Mod Podge Gloss Lustre with foam brushes
- Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
- 3 wooden blocks (3-1/2" cubes)
- 4 wooden feet
- Apple Acrylic Paint
- Martha Stewart Dry Embossers
- We R Memory Keepers Piercing Mat
Follow these steps to create the project:
1) Using the Apple acrylic paint, paint edges of the three cubes (as shown). Make sure to paint whole face on one cube for the bottom of the project. Paint 4 wooden feet.
2) Using the Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic paper pad, cut 13 pieces of paper at 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" in various patterns.
3) Using Mod Podge Glossy Luster and a foam brush, put a medium layer on Mod Podge on the cube itself. Lay paper on top and use brayer to smooth out paper. Wipe up any Mod Podge that leaks out of the edges. Apply another coat of Mod Podge on top of the paper. Cover 4 faces on two cubes and 5 faces on one.
4) Glue feet on bottom cube using hot glue gun. Arrange cube faces in a pleasing manner, offsetting the middle one. Glue cubes together using hot glue gun.
6) Adhere letters to rosettes using hot glue gun. Adhere rosettes to cubes as shown for both the title and other sides of the cube. Decorate cube with photos and Heidi Swapp embellishments.
7) Using the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge, make the cabbage rose for the top. You will need to cut out 6 of the Fun2 flowers at 3.5" using raspberry cardstock. Ink edges. Using scissors, cut into each flower to form individual petals.
8) Using largest dry embossing stylus and piercing pad, place flower on pad and go around edges and center of each flower until the flower folds up to the middle. Curl edges of petals. Adhere the first 3 flowers together by nesting them using the hot glue gun. Make sure that petals are offset from the adjacent layer.
9) The next three layers need to get progressively tighter and smaller. Use stylus and hands to compress and overlap petals. Glue into flower base. Place jewel in center of flower.
10) Cut Ruffle5 leaf at 3.5. Use stylus to create center line of leaf. Ink edges. Curl edges. Arrange leaf and flower on top. Adhere with glue gun.
I know that looks like a lot of steps but honestly, the project went together in less than 2 hours.
Please leave a comment below letting me know what you are making (cards, frames, food, etc.) for the upcoming Mother's Day, Veteran's Day, end of the school year and Father's Day holidays.
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!