Today's T-shirt features layered iron-on vinyl! It was incredibly easy to do. Just follow these steps:
1) Iron shirt where vinyl will go for 15-20 seconds using highest, non-steam setting.
2) Place bottom layer of vinyl (yellow star layer in this case) onto shirt, with its plastic backing intact. Using a iron cloth over it (I used a pillowcase), iron for 15-20 seconds. Then, turn shirt over and iron the backside for 15-20 seconds.
3) Remove plastic backing from bottom layer. Carefully, place top layer onto bottom layer, with its plastic backing intact. Use parchment paper to cover bottom layer and prevent trouble. Now iron with your iron cloth over both layers for 30 seconds on front. Turn shirt over and iron with iron for 15-30 seconds.
4) Wait until vinyl cools and remove plastic backing and parchment paper. Shirt is finished!
One last tip: You cannot layer on top of the glitter vinyl -that must be the top layer!
The "Rock Star" was cut from the Cricut Rock Princess cartridge at 5". That cartridge has some great word art that's perfect for iron on vinyl layering. Here's a link to the handbook: Cricut Rock Princess Handbook
Here are all the cool Iron On Vinyl colors Provo Craft has come out with - they are $12.99 each.
We've only got a few more days left to sign up for the May Layout a Day class! I hope you will join me in doing this class. I am a little nervous about doing so many layouts but I really want to do this! Here's some more info on the class:
Want to make 31 layouts in 31 days?
Lain Ehmann is running her "Layout A Day" class again in May. Join me as we take on this fun class together! Daily video and daily prompts are a great spur to action. I am hoping to learn how to make layouts faster.
Here are the details:
Click here to sign up!What’s Waiting for You in May:
- 31 days of brand-new video prompts and lessons, guaranteed to bust you out of any scrapbooking rut, bring a smile to your face, and make your hair shine!
- Exclusive message board for LOAD members only where you can connect and chat with the coolest scrappers on the Web!
- Private gallery for our members where you share your daily creations, win prizes, and strut your stuff!
- 31 never-before-seen sample layouts!
- Random surPRIZES, Hugh sightings, and fun for all!SPACE IS LIMITED!
To Preserve the Intimate and Personal Atmosphere of This Event,
Participation Is Capped!
Here's what others have to say about Layout A Day:
“Before I did LOAD I would spend hours on a page. Now because LOAD is on during one of the busiest times at work (16 hour days!) I’m scrapping quicker, not afraid of committing, and best of all using up all my old stash! I’m loving the prompts scrapping stories I wouldn’t have thought of. I’m seeing a style and what I enjoy using on my pages.”-learncreatedo
“I am having SO MUCH FUN with LOAD!!! I’ve been pushed to go beyond what I thought my creative limits were and I can’t thank you enough for that. I look forward to your email every morning and I always want another prompt as soon as I finish my daily challenge. Thank you so much for this awesome challenge; this LOADster is absolutely loving it!!!”-Jennifer.Click here to sign up!
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!