I had been wondering what the best way to store my Cuttlebug folders was and so I asked on my facebook page and got the suggestion to make up tags that have each been embossed with a folder and then number both the tag and the folder. That way it would be easy to really see how the different backgrounds will look on your cards and retrieval would be a cinch.. I wish I could find who suggested this because I think it's brilliant.
So, I got started by creating a file in the Cricut Craft Room using Plantin Schoolbook that cuts 12 tags on a 12" x 24" mat - they come out to be about 5" tall. I just used plain white paper. You could just do autofill if you want to use the cartridge alone. Then, I numbered the tags.
Then, I numbered the folders. I did these in groups of tens so I wouldn't mess up.
Then, I ran them through the Cuttlebug and stacked them upside down so they would stay in order.
Below is a side view of my messy die system. It is easy to thumb through these, though.
So, here's the ring of tags and then a folder with it.
I labelled the top of the folder so I could quickly find things.
And here's the ring. I haven't finished yet so there may be a second ring. I love the Cuttlebug and their price point is so low (with a coupon, $3) that it's like a cheap thrill getting the folders. The folders add so much to a project, though!
Now, for a giveaway:
This allows you to create your own custom Cuttlebug embossing folder. It's very easy to do.
How can you win?
1) Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite Cuttlebug folder is and/or how you store them.
2) Subscribe or follow the blog.
Winner will be announced on Monday, April 9, 2012. Winner has two weeks to claim prize. Allow four weeks for delivery.
Here are some of the questions I've gotten from yesterday's post about my craft room reorganization:
1) Where did you get your desk? Ikea. I measured my space and then figured out what pieces I needed to buy to get the U shape configuration. It took some thinking but I LOVE this desk!
2) Where did you get those pink and black containers that you put your paper in? I got those at Michaels. I don't think they have this pattern anymore but I do think they have other patterns. I got the biggest sizes when they were on sale.
3) Did you do this in one day? Ha ha - no! It took like 2 weeks.
4) What are the dimensions of the cabinet that holds the ribbon, stamps, etc. that's on the wall? 31.5" tall x 25.5" wide x 3.75" deep. I got mine at Michaels when they were 50% (they run this sale frequently). Click HERE to see the details. Their dimensions on the link seem different - you may want to go into the store to check. I measured mine, though.
5) What happened to the bookmark feature in Cricut Craft Room? I don't know - I will look into it.
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!