Provo Craft put out an update today that makes the Cricut Mini work with the Gypsy!
This update includes the following:
Cutting to the Cricut Mini™ with the Gypsy® device:
• The Gypsy device must be updated to the 0227:0234 (0227 firmware and 0234 content) version through the Cricut® Sync program found at www.cricut.com/cricutsync
• The Cricut Mini firmware must be updated to Version .23 in order to communicate with the Gypsy device .
• If the Cricut Mini requires a firmware update, you will be prompted to visit Cricut Craft Room™ to perform this update when the Gypsy device is connected to the Cricut Mini machine. Simply follow the screen prompts to complete the update process in Cricut Craft Room.
*Note: Cricut Mini cannot be updated from Gypsy device.
Cricut Expression® 2 machines:
• This release supports all Cricut Expression 2 machines including those with the 1000 firmware version
Corrects the blue & black screen that some Gypsy® devices were experiencing:
• We strongly encourage ALL Gypsy device users to update their device to the newest version (0227:0234) through the Cricut® Sync program at www.cricut.com/cricutsync for best results.
• This update will prevent the black screen and blue light some Gypsy devices were experiencing; however, it does not repair them.
• If you have a Gypsy device displaying a black screen and blue light, please contact Cricut® support 1-877-727-4288 | Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST
Corrects Cricut® cartridge linking issues associated with the following cartridges:
• Close to my Heart - Art Philosophy Cricut® Bundle
• Celebrate With Flourish
• Everyday Pop-Up Cards
• Cake Everyday Sampler
Gypsy Linking to Cricut Craft Room™ is coming soon!
Now, regular readers of mine know I usually don't do these updates right away but this time, I did! My Gypsy and Mini were already fairly up to date so the process didn't take long. Using Cricut Sync, I plugged in my Gypsy and got the update. It took between 30-40 minutes.
Then, I went to plug my Gypsy into the Mini and couldn't figure out how (SO EMBARRASSING!). I was digging through my drawer full of cords (I know you have one, right?) and couldn't find anything. But finally I remembered the cord that I have hanging off my Expression that I always use for my Gypsy. I put that thing on the back of my E like two years ago and rarely think about it.
So, I grabbed it and plugged the Gypsy into the Mini. And viola, it works! I didn't even have to update my Mini.
WARNING: I looked on the message board and the VAST majority of people have gotten it to work. Only one person had her Gypsy quit working afterwards, though, which is awful. So, as usual, you may want to wait to do this. But I have had no problems.
Creative University Digs!
I am really excited about this because I am going to the coolest scrapbooking event (without internet and in Idaho) next week called Creative University by the most excellent crafter/stamper/scrapper Tresa Black. And I was going to have to lug my E2 there. And now I can bring my lightweight mini! I can't rave about Tresa Black enough; but don't take my word for it. Check out THIS VIDEO HERE to see the most amazing scrapbook ever that she made for a Close to My Heart Convention contest. I've never seen anything like it. It's UNBELIVEABLE! I can't wait to see what we'll be making in our classes! I'll be sure to post pictures.
Want to see more of my projects?
Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!