Let's start off with two giveaways!
1) Cricut Cherry Limeade Lite Cartridge (one of my all time favorite fonts!):
2) Cricut Botanicals Lite Cartridge (so elegant!):
How can you win?
1) Leave a comment letting me know your favorite of all the new releases below.
2) Subscribe or follow the blog.
That's it! Winner will be announced next Thursday, June 30, 2011. Winners have two weeks to claim their prize.
Here are the new cartridges:
1) Cricut Princess Party - This is a new type of cartridge called an "Events" cartridge. The idea behind it is that you would have everything you need to decorate for an event or party. So, typically, that would include 1-2 invitations, 1-2 treat boxes, regular images, banner, envelope, drink wrapper, placecard, nametag, etc.
As soon as I saw this 3-D shoe, I knew I wanted to cut it! I wanted it to be a formal shoe, hence the pearls and the flower decoration. Making and decorating this shoe would be a fun activity at a Princess party or sleepover.
2) Cricut Frames Cartridge - The second type of cartridge released today is a "Projects" cartridge. These cartridges have type of image (subway art, flowers, etc.) in many forms. This Frames cartridge has all kinds of layered frames and also easel stands for the frames.
I chose to make my frame into a card. I also used a flower from the new Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge for decoration (more on that below).
3) Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge - LOVE THIS CARTRIDGE! I have used this on many projects so far and love how the 3-D flowers turn out. I will be showing a video on how to make these so keep an eye out. It's really easy and quick!
This elegant Anniversary card was so quick to put together. Using a low temp glue gun and some different layers, I made the flower below in about five minutes (including cutting time). The flower below is my first one! That's how easy it is! I planned to just try it out and test it but when this turned out so well, I decided to use it! I did run the layers through the Cuttlebug before gluing it together.
4) Cricut Word Collage Cartridge - Now you can make beautiful Subway art wall decor, plaques and even cards! I love all the different fonts on this! Can't wait until it's compatible with the Imagine so I can print it out!
I made this card by first cutting the "Stitch" word collage at 4" and then carefully applying the letters to the stitching-like paper. I did this by using the background as a stencil and outlining the letters with a pencil so I would know where each letter went. This was time consuming. Vinyl would have been easier but I didn't want shiny letters.
5) Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes - This cartridge is specifically for fun gifts and yummy goodieds. Many of the boxes on here have inserts for cupcakes.
I loved this cake slice and thought it would be fun to cut! I double layered the top section and then added a flower from Flower Shoppe and ric-rack to dress it up. Paper was sprayed with shimmery mist and pink layers were embossed with the Art Deco Cuttlebug folder.
6) Cricut Girl's Makeup Party - Another "events" cartridge for a girl's makeup party.
I used Teresa Collins Black and White Imagine cartridge to make the striped background paper.
7) Cricut Robot Party Cartridge - A boy themed party cartridge with some super cute robot-themed decorations!
8) Cricut Space Party Cartridge- Another boy themed party cartridge - now featuring space and alien figures!
Be sure to head over to my BFF Melanie's blog at Courtney Lane Designs to see all the fabulous things she made. Her frame project is to die for, as is the super cute little house box she made, just to name a few items. Oh, and wait until you see the card she made with Space Party - it's out of this world!
Want to see more of my projects? Click HERE to see my gallery!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!