Thursday, September 9, 2010
12 Basic Facts about the Cricut Imagine Machine
The Cricut Imagine machine is a machine that combines the capabilities of the Cricut Expression with the ability to print images. It allows you to cut out images and layers that you have printed. It is a joint venture between Provocraft and HP, a leader in the printer industry.
12 Basic Facts:
1) Size of Machine: 24.5" x 13.5" x 7"
Weight: 28 pounds
2) Pricing: MSRP: $599 and comes with one Cricut Imagine Cartridge called Imagine More and one mat (may come with handfull of paper - need to confirm)
Ink Cartridge Pricing: MSRP: Black $34.95 Color: $39.95 (you need one of each) - uses HP Vivera Ink
Cartridge Pricing: MSRP: Full Cartridges (images and designer patterns/colors): $89.95
Designer Patterns/Colors only: $49.95
3) Allows you to use both your existing Cricut cartridges that fit in the Expression, Baby Bug, Create and Cake Machines AND the new Imagine cartridges. Uses 12x12 Imagine mats (cannot use Expression mats) and can cut a variety of materials like patterned paper, cardstock, transparency, photo paper, etc. (except stiffer ones like chipboard).
4) Gypsy compatible. Currently will not work with Design Studio
5) Same functionality as the Expression (autofill, quantity, flip, fit to page, load last) except centerpoint. However, screen shows where image is on mat so visuals take care of fit to length, portrait, etc. features. Can use smaller paper and machine adjusts images accordingly. Cannot move blade independently.
6) Comes with USB cord for updating firmware with your Computer
7) Can be used as a stand-alone unit
8) Is Mac/PC compatible for firmware updates
9) Can print only, cut only OR print and cut
10) You can set an exact color using R,G,B values or a color picker to flood an image with color, print it and then cut it. You can also use pre-loaded colors and patterns on the Imagine cartridges.
11) Machine has stored in it some basic shapes such as square, circle, rectangle, heart, scalloped square, scalloped rectangle, scalloped circle, scalloped heart, word bubbles, tree, baby onesie, duck, and various top note shapes. These cut be cut out plain OR filled with color and cut.
12) Prints to approximately 11.5" x 11.5" and may be water fast and/or archival on designated HP paper products.
TUNE in to HSN on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. for the world launch! Click to see more about the Cricut Imagine Machine!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!
Unless otherwise stated within the post, this is my original work. Please feel free to use as inspiration for your own personal use, but do not use for publication, contest/message board entries, or to sell. If my work inspires a work of your own, please give credit by posting a link to my blog. Thank you!