Saturday, July 3, 2010
How to Download Cricut Handbooks onto your iPhone, iTouch or iPad
Want to have your Cricut handbooks at hand? All the time? How great would that be in conjunction with the Gypsy? Now you can have easy to see and read handbooks available while you work on your Gypsy at a crop or wherever you may be!
If you have an iPhone, iTouch or iPad, here's how:
1) Go to the App Store/iTunes and purchase Goodreader (0.99 cents).
2) Download it onto your device.
3) Open app.
4) Go to "Web Downloads"
5) Open "Browse the Web"
6) Enter this address: http://www.cricut.com/information/cartridge_library.aspx
7) Find each cartridge you want and click on "view" under the handbook column
8) Click and download each one (it can do more than one at a time). For the iPad, at the prompt, click on "Download Linked File". If you are prompted to see if you want directions, click "No".
Once you have downloaded all the cartridges you want, click on the "My Documents" folder at the start page of Goodreader.
Now, to organize them:
1) Click on My Documents and then hit the "Actions" button OR the "Manage Files" button (if on the iPad).
2) Click on button that says "New Folder" and name your folder "Cricut Handbooks". Then hit "Done".
3) Click on the actions button and you will now see some buttons/circles in front of each of your downloads. Click on those.
4) Then hit the "Cut" or "Cut/Move" button and Done.
5) Now, click on your Cricut Handbook folder and hit "actions". Then click on "paste".
Now they should all be in your folder. WOO HOO!
To see the handbooks in landscape view, go to settings on Goodreader and click on the Settings then General Settings then click on for "allow auto rotations" then click done twice to exit. For the iPad, it seemed to automatically be in landscape mode since I was already viewing things that way.
You could also download the Gypsy manual.
What's great, especially with the iPad, is that you can zoom in on the images - it really helps with some of the trickier cartridges with small little layers.
Hope this helps!
Also, I hope wherever you are today, it is not cloudy and overcast, like it is here. All our plans have been scrapped except going to watch fireworks tonight. Have a great holiday!
Subscribe to Obsessed with Scrapbooking to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your scrapbooking!
Unless otherwise stated within the post, this is my original work. Please feel free to use as inspiration for your own personal use, but do not use for publication, contest/message board entries, or to sell. If my work inspires a work of your own, please give credit by posting a link to my blog. Thank you!